Sunday, February 15, 2015

Carnival Part 2

This week gone by has been filled with so many excitement. Machel Monday was on Monday 9th of February. It was held in the Hasely Crawford Stadium. A taping of the show was shown on Tuesday night and it has been scheduled to be shown 3 other nights as well. Machel Montano is one of the biggest soca artistes and has been in the business for 33 years. The Monday before Carnival he has one of the biggest concerts. This year he has been referring to himself as Monk Monte because he has been on this spiritual journey.

Kerwin Du Bois & Machel Montano

The crowd at Machel Monday

                    Machel Montano has released this video about two weeks ago about his journey.


             He also premiered his music video for his most popular song for the season "Like a boss" on Monday 9th February. 




Friday was Fantastic Friday (Carnival Friday) and the most anticipated competition was held. The Soca Monarch finals. Machel Montano had to defend his crown for being the winner of the power category last year. The winner of the groovy category last year decided not to defend this year.

2014 Soca Monarch Winners

                                                     Groovy category - Kerwin Du Bois


Power category - Machel Montano


2015 Soca Monarch Winners

Groovy category - Olatunji Yearwood


Power category - Machel Montano

Today is Carnival Sunday and my family and I will be going to the capital, Port of Spain to watch kiddies Carnival. It has been a tradition from since I was younger, we go every year. Even though I am older now and I am not so much interested in seeing the costumes. I still go to lime with my family to continue the tradition. I love going, I enjoy it a lot. When it is over we usually go an get food and eat at the place we bought it at or we either carry it home. On Monday afternoon I went to do some shopping in the area that I work in which is San Juan for this day. Every year I always buy whatever is in style and currently trending. My post next week I will talk about how today went and I will also have pictures as well. So stay tuned until next week and have an amazing and productive week. For all the Trini's and the visitors have a safe and enjoyable carnival.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks like so much fun!

    http://ambershabits.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Smokey Eye

So we are officially half way through the year of 2017 and I am completely shocked as to how fast time is flying. Soon it will be Christm...