Sunday, May 24, 2015

School Update #1: End of semester

Good Morning and Happy Sunday. The semester ended on Monday 18th of May for me. I had three finals. Principles of Management, Intermediate Cost Accounting and Statistics. This semester was extremely hard. I have been battling with depression for a long while now and it has been taking a toll on me as well as on everything I do. It felt like this semester was extremely long. I had some interesting lecturers and classmates this semester.


MANAGEMENT

My Management class was every Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. My lecturer was really unfair and she made the exams and assignments extremely hard. This isn't the first time I have come across a lecturer like this where they make it hard for the students because it wasn't easy for them. There was a lot of information to learn and remember. This was basically a heavy reading class. I actually failed this class so I have to do it over in the upcoming semester


ACCOUNTING

I had my Accounting class on Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m. My lecturer for this class was pretty cool. He made it easy for us to understand the material. He said that grades don't define us which is true.
I would highly recommend him to other students. I was impressed by his teaching. I wasn't finding the time to really study so I failed this class.


STATISTICS

This class was on Wednesdays from 5 to 8 p.m. Where do I begin with this class. This is one of the most challenging Mathematics class I have ever had. I always question myself when are we going to ever use this in real life. It is ridiculous and unnecessary. My lecturer needs to learn how to explain the work better and also work with time. He was behind a lot so we didn't even have to time to go over the material before the final exam. The week before final exam is revision week. We used that class to finish the syllabus. But after doing the final exam it wasn't really hard at all. But I would not recommend him as a lecturer. I passed this class.

Even though I am pretty devastated about failing two classes. I am trying to look at things differently and take it as an opportunity to do better. I already registered for classes. I only have one class in the short semester which is just two months. I am doing over my management class on Mondays and Wednesdays. For the short semester each class is two days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Products (Hair & Face)

I recently tried out some new products and I wanted to share it with you all.  I have very bad dry skin which comes with a dry scalp so a...