Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Days of Christmas (Day 1) - How I prepare for Christmas

Hey guys. I have been m.i.a for a little over a month now because I have been really busy with school. I also thought that I haven't really been producing much great content at all. So I just wanted to retract and come up with some better ideas. So I decided to do 25 days of Christmas which is where I will have a post up everyday until Christmas day with something Christmas related. So this post is all about how I prepare for the Christmas season.


I am a caribbean girl. I was born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago. We are always late for everything. I guess maybe it is just a typical trini thing lol. My family is always late for christmas. Most of the times christmas morning we are still cleaning and preparing. But here is how we prepare for the holidays.


1. The most important thing is to make sure the house is clean. We always divide the chores between the adults at the household. Whether it is to paint, dust, mop or sweep the general areas of the home. The bedrooms are left for those who stays in them.


2. After all the cleaning is done then we decorate. We change the curtains, we put up the christmas tree, we hang decorations outside, etc.


3. During the time we clean and decorate we make time to go to the grocery to get our food stuff, the snacks for when our families come to visit and also drinks.


4. We play a lot of Christmas music throughout december. This year we actually started early and has already been playing music. We listen to traditional parang and as well as parang soca. We also listen to the old and new school american christmas music. 


5. There are also a number of events that takes place in late november and in december that we attend to. There are pork and parang, parang barbeque, the Christmas village, parang by the big tree and lighting up of the park. 


Christmas is my favourite holiday. I really enjoy it because it is family oriented. My family comes by us and we also go by them but on a different day. I am excited to continue this series until Christmas day and I will try my best to have as many pictures.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Products (Hair & Face)

I recently tried out some new products and I wanted to share it with you all.  I have very bad dry skin which comes with a dry scalp so a...